Smoky Chipotle Potato Salad..bring on the fireworks!!!
Nothing says fourth of July like potato salad. Agree? So, let’s say this now, this is NOT a riff on your grandma’s potato salad. I kicked up this recipe and took it to a whole new level of being. I mean, it’s still potato salad, but OMG..Wow! If you like smoky flavors then this ones for you. If you don’t like smoky flavors, well then it’s still for you. Trust me, it’s delicious and comes together pretty quickly.
So who is invited to this potato party? We have a whole lot of fresh ingredients going on here. It’s just the way I like to cook! For this potato salad we have:
- Oven roasted corn with smoked paprika and red onion
- Fingerling potatoes (you could use any potato..I think sweet potatoes would be amazing!)
- Fresh Cilantro
- Just mayo paired with yummy spices like cumin, garlic powder and smoked paprika
This all comes together in one bowl of creamy potato goodness.
I like using a mixture of white and red fingerling potatoes to give this dish some extra color. Feel free to use any potatoes. I really want to try this recipe with sweet potatoes because I love the combo of sweet and smoky together.
If you have never roasted corn with smoked paprika, you are in for a special treat. This could be a side dish all on its own. This is a great recipe to make during the summer with the abundance of fresh corn available, but you could also use thawed frozen corn in a pinch.
This dish is perfect, not only for fourth of July, but makes a great side dish all summer long.
As always, I would love to hear your comments below. If you are not following crazy inspired life on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest, reach out and connect with me!
Pin for Later!
Smoky Chipotle Potato Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
Smoky chipotle sauce paired with roasted corn, bacon and smoked paprika elevate this potato salad to a whole new level. Creamy and delicious!
- 2 lbs. Potatoes (cubed)
- 3 Strips Cooked Bacon (crumbled)
- 10 oz. Bag Frozen Corn (thawed) or 2 1/4 C. (fresh)
- ¼ Red Onion (diced)
- 1 Jalapeno (diced)
- 2 t. Smoked Paprika (divided)
- ¾ t . Dijon Mustard
- ¼ C. + 1 T. Chipotle Sauce (I love Cholula)
- 1 ½ C. Just Mayo (only mayo I ever use)
- ¼ C. Cilantro (chopped)
- ¼ Lime (juiced)
- ¼ t. Cumin
- ½ t. Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place corn and red onion on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and 1 t. smoked paprika.
- Roast at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Let cool and set aside.
- Boil potatoes until fork tender. Strain and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix remaining ingredients except cilantro and bacon together.
- Add cooled potatoes and cooled corn mixture. Toss until well combined.
- Top with cilantro and bacon before serving.
I used a mixture of red and white fingerling potatoes, but feel free to use any potatoes. I think sweet potatoes would be amazing!
You could leave out the bacon to make this dish vegan.
This was amazing, a solid recipe with tons of flavor
So glad you enjoyed it!
I made this with sweet potatoes and Oh MY! it was delicious. I changed nothing else. It’s definitely a keeper in our house. thanks so much.
So glad you liked it. I need to try it with sweet potatoes. That sounds amazing!