Sparkling Fall Sangria…the perfect blend of fall spices, apple brandy and bubbles.
Are you in need of a last minute Thanksgiving libation? Look no further than this easy and delicious Sparkling Fall Sangria. I imagine the holidays will look very different this year for many of us, some of us may need to make two batches of sangria…LOL
It’s definitely not what we imagine a holiday would be, gathered around the table with friends and family, enjoying a meal, sounds of laughter and the all too often family banter. Please 2020 just end already. I’m sure we can all agree that we are more than ready for a new year!
Let’s talk about this recipe shall we? This sangria is easy and delicious, everything a recipe during the stressful holiday season should be. I mean we have enough stress already, so let’s take it down a notch. Outside of the simple syrup, it’s only a couple of ingredients and little time until you are sipping a delicious glass of fall bliss.
The star of this sangria is the fall simple syrup. It comes together in minutes and can be used in a variety of ways. I’m thinking it would pair wonderfully in the following:
- Hot or Iced Tea
- Drizzled over morning oatmeal with some chopped apples
- Any recipe you need some sweetness with the taste of fall
Next, you will need some bubbles, because anything festive involves a little sparkling something. I made mine with Prosecco, but you could easily substitute Cava or champagne. Prosecco tends to be sweeter than cava and champagne with the flavors being simpler and fruitier. The other key difference, is that Cava comes from Spain and Prosecco comes from Italy whereas true Champagne only comes from France.
Next on the lineup is the apple brandy. You could always use regular brandy but I love using apple brandy. Why? Well it is fall after all and nothing says fall to me like apples. If you want to cut back on the alcohol a bit, you could always use some fresh apple cider.
Add some fresh chopped fruit and maybe a little herby garnish, put it in a fancy glass and Voila, you’re done. It’s just that simple, everything we need during the holidays. Enjoy!Print
This sparkling fall harvest sangria brings together all the flavors of fall in a glass. This delicious blend of fall spiced simple syrup, apple brandy and prosecco makes the perfect drink for any fall gathering.
- 1 Bottle of Prosecco or Cava
- 2/3 C. Apple Brandy
- 2/3 C. Fall Spiced Simple Syrup
- Apples and Oranges for Garnish
Fall Spiced Simple Syrup Ingredients:
- 3 Green Cardamom Pods
- 1/4” Piece of Fresh Ginger
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 1 C. Organic Sugar
- 1 C. Water
To make simple Syrup:
- Add all simple syrup ingredients to a small sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a bowl, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and strain.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two months.
To make sangria:
- Add all sangria ingredients to a large pitcher with ice.
- Stir and serve!
- The simple syrup can be used in teas, cocktails, and desserts.