Fall Room Spray…all the warm cozy scents of fall in a bottle.
Fall has to be one of my favorite seasons of the year. Having grown up in Florida, I wasn’t able to appreciate the beauty of the changing seasons until I moved to Minnesota. Fall is that wonderful transition season when we begin to slow down after the busyness of summer and start enjoying a little more time indoors. I especially love when the trees change their colors into a beautiful tapestry of reds, greens and yellows.
There is something about the coolness of the fall air that calls me into the kitchen to start baking. For me, the season calls for warming spices such as cardamom (my absolute fave), cinnamon, ginger, and clove. These spices were the inspiration for this fall room spray. Imagine taking all of the scents of your kitchen after baking a pumpkin pie and putting it into a bottle, that is what this spray reminds me of.
This room spray is incredibly easy to make and comes together in minutes. You only need:
- Essential Oils (I used Pranarom)
- Witch Hazel
- Distilled Water
- 2 oz. Amber Spray Bottle
- Label Paper (optional)
I love making my own room sprays, not only because they are fun to make, but you eliminate all of those nasty chemicals that most store bought room sprays have in them. Just look at the label on some of those sprays, and you will see mostly chemicals and big warning labels. Even most of the fragrances found in those room sprays are made in a lab.
These room sprays make great gifts too. Perfect for a hostess gift, and everyone loves something made by hand! Once you attach one of these labels, you would be hard pressed to tell it was even hand made. Reminds me of a room spray you may find at Anthropologie.
I hope you enjoy making these room sprays as much as I do. As always, would love to hear your feedback below if you make this room spray or any of the recipes on my blog.
Shop this post:
Need help locating some of the supplies to make the fall room spray? Just click the links below.Print
All the warm comforting fall scents in a bottle. This easy fall room spray made with essential oils is easy to make and makes a great gift too.
- 2 T. Witch Hazel
- 2 T. Distilled Water
Oils: (I used Pranarom Essential Oils)
- 3 Drops of Cardamom Essential Oil
- 3 Drops of Cinnamon Essential Oil
- 1 Drop of Clove Essential Oil
- 1 Drop of Ginger Essential Oil
- 3 Drops of Orange Essential Oil
Directions for (1) 2 oz. Room Spray:
- Mix 2 T of witch hazel and 2 T of distilled water in a glass pourable container. Add essential oils.
- Mix until oils are well incorporated. Pour into spray bottle.
- Print labels according to your printer instructions using the template included in the link.
- In order to make your labels waterproof, you can cover the entire label sheet with a one sided laminated sheet. For the “Scrappy Version”, you can cut out the label and cover with a piece of packing tape and cut around the edges.
- Remove label from backing and attach to your spray bottle.
NOTE: This post contains Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. All opinions about any products mentioned on my site are my own.