Well..Hello Summer! It’s official as of today. Cue the Prosecco, it’s patio time! Today, I’m sharing a simple recipe for olive salsa. I looove this recipe because it’s:
- Simple to make
- Very Versatile
- Amazingly delicious
The real game changer here is the very little prep and minimal clean up. That is my kind of summer recipe. Little prep and minimal clean up = more time socializing with friends…Yes to that!!
When I say this recipe is simple, I am talking, throw all the ingredients into a food processor, give a couple of pulses and you’re done. Yup! It’s just that easy.
So let’s chat about this salsa recipe that you may think is masquerading as a tapenade. It definitely has some of the ingredients of a tapenade but the texture of a chunky salsa with the flavors of the mediterranean. It’s chock full of yummy, colorful ingredients like:
- Red Pepper
Okay, seriously, all those ingredients together spell… YUM! This salsa is great:
- As a dip with tortilla chips
- As a sandwich spread
- Tossed in pasta or fresh zucchini noodles with olive oil
- As a topping for fish or chicken
With July Fourth right around the corner, this olive salsa would be a perfect addition to your festive spread. This may just become your new summer staple.
Pin for Later!
This delicious olive salsa comes together in minutes. Great as a dip for chips, a spread for sandwiches or tossed with pasta.
- 1 C. Kalamata Olives (pitted)
- 1 Stalk of Celery (sliced)
- 1 clove of Garlic (minced)
- ½ Red Pepper (sliced)
- 1 C. Cauliflower (chopped)
- ½ C. Green Olives (pitted)
- 1 t. Dried Oregano
- 1/3 C. Pepperoncini (slices)
- ¼ c. Olive Oil
- ¼ t. Salt
- 1 t. Liquid from Pepperoncini
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until desired consistency.