Cranberry Kombucha Pecan Bread With Candied Ginger…made without yeast and bakes in 35 minutes!!
With Christmas here, I thought I would share a simple yet delicious recipe that makes a great breakfast bread for company that you may have in town, or just enjoying the entire loaf for yourself. This falls into my NO judgement, it’s the holidays policy.
This bread has to be one of the most exciting recipes that I developed this year. Why? Well I’m really not a baker and the thought of bread just scares me. The process of putting the ingredients together, letting the dough rise in a warm location for an hour or so just goes against my, make it in 30 minutes or less philosophy.
The unexpected ingredient here is kombucha!! I was inspired by a simple bread recipe that I saw on the internet that used beer and a handful of ingredients. I thought to myself, kombucha is a fermented beverage like beer so why not give it a try. So I did, and OMG did it ever work!
I used GT’S Cranberry Kombucha but you could easily substitute another flavor such as Gingerade. The remaining ingredients in this recipe just screams the holidays with the addition of:
- toasted pecans
- orange zest
I love this combo of ingredients in anything…think pancakes, cookies, muffins etc.
Now, lets talk about the 3 ingredient candied ginger butter. This butter is the perfect marriage to the cranberry kombucha bread and anything else you can dream of putting it on. It’s so good, you may just want to eat it by the spoonful. You literally add butter, maple syrup and candied ginger to your food processor, give it a whirl and voila…candied ginger buttery goodness. Also, great on pancakes, muffins etc. etc.
Friends and fam, I’m keeping this post short and sweet, because I can’t imagine you want to spend a lot of time reading a long drawn out post on Christmas day especially when you could be making this bread and enjoying time with your loved ones.
I’m excited about taking some time this week to gather my ideas for 2019 and can’t wait to share some exciting new recipes with you.Print
This cranberry pecan bread made with kombucha requires no yeast and bakes in 30 minutes! Paired with candied ginger butter..yum!
- 2 C. of Flour
- 1 t. Baking Soda
- ½ t. Cinnamon
- 2 T. Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 t. Salt
- Zest from 1 Orange
- 1 T. Flax Meal
- 3 T. of Water
- 1 t. Vanilla Extract
- 2 T. Coconut Oil (melted)
- ¾ C. GT’s Synergy Cosmic Cranberry Kombucha
- ½ C. Pecans (toasted)
- ¾ C. Dried Cranberries
Candied Ginger Butter Ingredients:
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 2 T. Maple Syrup
- 1 T. Candied Ginger (minced)
- Bread Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, coconut palm sugar and orange zest.
- Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add flax meal and water. Whisk until well blended. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla, coconut oil and kombucha to flax mixture. Whisk until blended.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture. Pour liquid ingredients into well.
- Mix together stirring from the outside in, until all the liquid has been absorbed. The dough will be sticky.
- Remove dough from bowl and transfer to a floured surface.
- Fold in cranberries and pecans and knead dough until cranberries and pecans are distributed throughout.
- Place in a greased loaf pan making sure the dough fills the edges of the pan. (the dough will not spread but will rise).
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Carefully remove loaf from pan and cool on a cooling rack.
Candied Ginger Butter Directions:
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined.
To make the candied ginger butter non-dairy, just substitute with vegan butter. It’s still amazing!