Zucchini Tabbouleh! OMG..Yum
With farmers market season in full swing, nothing beats the freshness of the ingredients in this zucchini tabbouleh. A beautiful mix of zucchini, grape tomatoes, scallions, cucumbers, feta cheese and lots of fresh mint and parsley. This salad delivers on all levels. Traditionally, tabbouleh is made with bulgar wheat, but I gave this recipe a healthier twist by using zucchini rice in it’s place. Any opportunity to get more veggies in our diet the better. Right?
So, you maybe asking, what is zucchini rice? Well, it’s the cousin of cauliflower rice. It’s the process of taking a vegetable and finely dicing it, or in this case, spiralizing and chopping it until it’s the consistency of rice. It may sound complex, but trust me, it’s very simple. If you do not have a spiralizer or food processor, you can always use a simple box grater.
I love my spiralizer! If you’re trying to kick up your vegetable intake, it can be a game changer. You can create oodles of noodles out of veggies in minutes. And, did I say, it’s fun too!
I love to pair this zucchini tabbouleh with a spread of hummus, big chunks of feta cheese and some kalamata olives. This makes a great appetizer, snack or even a light lunch. If you really want to fancy things up a bit, you can take a grilled pita with a generous shmear of hummus and then top it with the zucchini tabbouleh. It’s like your own personal, healthy, mediterranean pizza!
If you make this recipe, or any recipe on the blog, please leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you all. You can also tag me on instagram, I love to see what you are making.
Pin for Later!
Made with zucchini and loaded with lots of colorful ingredients, this healthy twist on tabbouleh is super easy and delicious.
- 2 Zucchini (riced)
- ¼ c Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- ½ C. Fresh Parsley (minced)
- ¼ C. Fresh Mint (minced)
- 1 C. Grape Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 C. Cucumbers (diced)
- 3 T. Lemon Juice
- ½ C. Scallions (sliced)
- ½ t. Dried Oregano
- 1 Pkg of Feta Crumbles (4 oz.)
- ½ t. Salt
- Cracked Pepper
- Spiralize zucchini noodles. Add noodles to a food processor and give a couple pulses to create a rice consistency.
- Set on paper towel inside of a colander and set aside to drain liquid.
- Toss all other ingredients in a large bowl except olive oil, lemon juice, salt, oregano and zucchini.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and oregano in a small bowl until well combined.
- Add to salad and toss gently.
- Add zucchini rice and toss until well combined.
- Top with fresh cracked pepper and serve!
- If you do not have a spiralizer or food processor you can rice the zucchini using a box grater.
- This tabbouleh is great paired with hummus and toasted pita bread or chips.