No Bake Lemongrass Cheesecake Bites with Candied Ginger Crust… A mouthful to say, but not to eat!!
Friends, these little bite size, rich and indulgent, morsels of amazingness will blow you away. Did I say, they do not require any baking and they’re vegan (no dairy)….Bonus!!
Inside your head right now, you are saying “Wait..What? No dairy, but it’s cheesecake!” Yes it is, the filling is made with cashews. Who knew such a thing could exist. I am here to tell you, yes, yes it can, and your life may be forever changed.
So, let’s chat about this filling. Raw cashews, when soaked overnight, get super soft and yield a delicious dairy free filling when blitzed in a high speed blender. For those of you that do not have a Vitamix, etc.. well Mother’s/Father’s Day is right around the corner. I tell you, it is a purchase you will never regret. If you don’t have a high speed blender, go ahead and give it a try in a regular blender and report back. I imagine, the only drawback will be, that it doesn’t get as creamy, but the flavor will still be yummy.
This filling is:
- Dairy Free
- Made with essential oils (which I love!)
- Easy to make
One of the things that excites me most about this filling recipe is the use of essential oils. Did you even know that you can cook with essential oils? A word of warning, please make sure that you are using oils that are safe for ingestion. Always check with the manufacturer before ingesting. If you are new to essential oils, I recommend you start with this article Essential Oils 101. Not all essential oils are created equally and not all are safe to cook with and ingest.
I have been cooking with essential oils and teaching cooking classes on how to use them in food for about 5 years. They have opened up so many flavor possibilities for me. I love them because, in most cases, you only need a drop or so to create such intense flavors. Feel free to switch things up a bit with this recipe if lemongrass is not your thing. You could easily omit the ginger in the crust and you have a pretty neutral palette that will pair with many different flavors of filling.
And now for the crust. It comes together in minutes, and like the filling, does not require any baking either. You have:
- Toasted Pecans
- Medjool Dates
- Crystalized Ginger
How could that line up not taste amazing together? I love all of these ingredients, not just because they taste fantastic, but they have some great health benefits too.
This recipe could be made in a pie tin following the same instructions, but I find the ingredients to be so indulgent that a mini is the perfect size. Guilt free if you only eat just one!
You can top them with a little lime zest and a thin slice of crystalized ginger to fancy it up a bit and you are done! I think your weekend just may call for these.
Drop me a comment below and let me know what you think. It get’s lonely on this end behind the computer so any human interaction is much appreciated. Happy Friday!
Flavored with essential oils, these no bake lemongrass cheesecake bites with candied ginger crust are delicious and vegan too!
- 2 Cups Pecans (toasted)
- 1 t. Vanilla Extract
- 10 Medjool Dates (pitted)
- ½ Shredded Coconut (toasted)
- ¼ C. Minced Crystallized Ginger (I used the Ginger People brand)
- 1/8 t. Salt
- 2 Cups Raw Cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 T. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ C. Lime Juice
- 1/3 C. Agave
- 1/3 C. Coconut Oil (melted)
- 5 Drops of Lemongrass EO (I used Veriditas by Pranarom)
For the Crust:
- Place all crust ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until crumbly and the mixture sticks together when you squeeze.
- Place 2 t. of crust mixture in a mini muffin tin that has been sprayed with coconut oil.
- Press mixture down firmly. Place in freezer until crust is slightly firm .
For the Filling:
- Place all filling ingredients in a high speed blender except the essential oil.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. This will take some time so you will will want to scrape down the sides periodically. Add essential oil and blend until combined. Set Aside.
- Remove crust from freezer and place approx. 1 T of filling into each cup. Enough to fill.
- Place in freezer until set and somewhat firm. In order to remove from tin, run a knife around the edge until released. Enjoy!
- Top with lime zest and a slice of candied ginger (optional)
- Store left over cheesecakes in the fridge until ready to eat.