Flavored with essential oils, these no bake lemongrass cheesecake bites with candied ginger crust are delicious and vegan too!
- 2 Cups Pecans (toasted)
- 1 t. Vanilla Extract
- 10 Medjool Dates (pitted)
- ½ Shredded Coconut (toasted)
- ¼ C. Minced Crystallized Ginger (I used the Ginger People brand)
- 1/8 t. Salt
- 2 Cups Raw Cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 T. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ C. Lime Juice
- 1/3 C. Agave
- 1/3 C. Coconut Oil (melted)
- 5 Drops of Lemongrass EO (I used Veriditas by Pranarom)
For the Crust:
- Place all crust ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until crumbly and the mixture sticks together when you squeeze.
- Place 2 t. of crust mixture in a mini muffin tin that has been sprayed with coconut oil.
- Press mixture down firmly. Place in freezer until crust is slightly firm .
For the Filling:
- Place all filling ingredients in a high speed blender except the essential oil.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. This will take some time so you will will want to scrape down the sides periodically. Add essential oil and blend until combined. Set Aside.
- Remove crust from freezer and place approx. 1 T of filling into each cup. Enough to fill.
- Place in freezer until set and somewhat firm. In order to remove from tin, run a knife around the edge until released. Enjoy!
- Top with lime zest and a slice of candied ginger (optional)
- Store left over cheesecakes in the fridge until ready to eat.