Look no further my friends…Let me present you with the BEST veggie burger ever!!
Vegetarians rejoice and carnivores come join in on the veggie party. It’s time to get on the plant based bandwagon with the rest of the world. Can you believe how popular plant based diets are becoming? Every where you look, there are more and more plant based options in stores and on restaurant menus. I mean even the fast food chains are jumping in.
Now, I’m not 100% vegan but I do LOVE plants and incorporate them into every meal I can. This veggie burger is loaded with lots of veggies and some wonderful spices. Don’t let the length of the ingredients list scare you away, because these burgers come together quickly and while they are baking in the oven you can throw your chipotle aioli together.
This recipe meets all of my veggie burger criteria. I mean I have veggie burger criteria, do you? Heres my list of deliverables:
- Tastes amazing
- Comes together quickly
- Doesn’t fall apart when you cook it
- Doesn’t have any weird meat substitutes
- Has a decent amount of plant based protein
Yes!! this southwest veggie burger meets them all plus some!!
To continue with all the yummy southwest goodness, I present you the simplest chipotle aioli. This yummy spread, dip, drizzle and dressing is so delicious on this burger. It’s super versatile too.
I love to use it as a dip for sweet potato fries, a drizzle for tacos and as a dressing in my southwest salads. It’s even great on eggs in the morning with a little sliced avocado and some chopped cilantro. I would definitely double or maybe even triple the recipe..so good you can drink it!
To finish off my burger, I like to top it with a simple slaw made from shredded carrot, cabbage and cilantro. Then some red onion and jalapeños if you like a little extra heat.
So there you have it. An amazing veggie burger..perfect for Meatless Mondays or just because your craving a great burger!Print
Southwest Veggie Burger with Chipotle Aioli
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 Patties 1x
A simple and delicious southwest veggie burger topped with crunchy slaw and chipotle aioli.
- 1/3 C. Red Pepper (diced)
- 1 Can of Garbanzo beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1/3 C. Onion (diced)
- 1/3 C. Celery (diced)
- 1 Can Mild Green Chilies
- 2 T. Butter
- ½ t. Pepper
- ½ t. Salt
- 1 t. Smoked Paprika
- ¼ C. Scallions (sliced)
- ½ t. Cumin
- 2 T. Chipotle Sauce
- ½ t. Dijon Mustard
- ¼ C. Cilantro (chopped)
- Juice of ½ Lime
- 1 Egg
- ½ C. Panko Bread Crumbs
- ½ t. Garlic Powder
1 ½ C. Just Mayo
5 T. Chipotle Sauce ( I used Cholula)
Juice of ½ Lime
1 Clove of Garlic (minced)
½ T. Tamari
1 t. Smoked Paprika
Preheat oven to 375.
- Saute pepper, celery and onion in butter until soft.
- Add green chilies and cook for about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place garbanzo beans in a bowl and smash with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix together until well combined.
- Place into ½ cup oiled measuring cup or ring mold to form.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes and flip to other side.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Set aside until ready to use.
- To make this burger vegan, you can substitute vegan butter and use a flax egg.
Leave a Reply