A simple and delicious southwest veggie burger topped with crunchy slaw and chipotle aioli.
- 1/3 C. Red Pepper (diced)
- 1 Can of Garbanzo beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1/3 C. Onion (diced)
- 1/3 C. Celery (diced)
- 1 Can Mild Green Chilies
- 2 T. Butter
- ½ t. Pepper
- ½ t. Salt
- 1 t. Smoked Paprika
- ¼ C. Scallions (sliced)
- ½ t. Cumin
- 2 T. Chipotle Sauce
- ½ t. Dijon Mustard
- ¼ C. Cilantro (chopped)
- Juice of ½ Lime
- 1 Egg
- ½ C. Panko Bread Crumbs
- ½ t. Garlic Powder
1 ½ C. Just Mayo
5 T. Chipotle Sauce ( I used Cholula)
Juice of ½ Lime
1 Clove of Garlic (minced)
½ T. Tamari
1 t. Smoked Paprika
Preheat oven to 375.
- Saute pepper, celery and onion in butter until soft.
- Add green chilies and cook for about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place garbanzo beans in a bowl and smash with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix together until well combined.
- Place into ½ cup oiled measuring cup or ring mold to form.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes and flip to other side.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Set aside until ready to use.
- To make this burger vegan, you can substitute vegan butter and use a flax egg.