Orange Cranberry Chocolate Bars…Perfect for the holidays or any day of the year because they are just that good!
So, it’s that time of year when we start to fire up our ovens and begin the holiday baking season. I don’t know about you, but I have a sweet tooth, and the holidays always give me a reason or “permission” to eat more sweets. I try to stay pretty health conscious all year long, but I like to indulge a little during the holiday season. I mean, I’m human right?
Well my friends, these bars taste like they are super indulgent and naughty, but guess what? On a scale from fruit salad to a deep fried snicker bar on a stick from the state fair, these fall much closer to the fruit salad side.
Let’s look at this healthy line up:
- Almond flour (yup, these babies are GLUTEN FREE!!)
- Pecans (toasted of course)
- Dried cranberries (adds some sweetness)
- Chocolate Chips
- Maple Syrup (all natural only!)
Although those ingredients may scream the holidays, they can be enjoyed any time of year. Think of them as an all purpose breakfast, snack and treat all in one.
Breakfast? Yup, I said it. These bars are made with almond flour so they do pack some protein along with the pecans. So instead of a carb laden, packaged granola bar, these can be your go to, grab and go breakfast option. They can be frozen too! That is, if you and your family don’t eat them all in one sitting.
So, if you need a quick and easy healthy-ish bar to bring to your next holiday get together or just want something sweet, these chewy, yummy, and oh so delicious bars, have your name on them. Did I mention they come together in under thirty minutes?
Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you. Drop me a line in the comments below or come visit me on Facebook or Instagram.Print
These gluten free orange cranberry chocolate bars with toasted pecans and coconut are perfect for the holidays or any time of year.
- 1 ¼ C. Almond Flour
- 1 t. VanillaExtract
- ¼ t. BakingSoda
- ¼ t. Sea Salt
- ½ Shredded Coconut
- ½ C. Toasted Pecans (chopped)
- ¼ C. Coconut Oil (melted)
- ½ C. Dried Cranberries
- ¼ C. Mini Choc. Chips
- ¼ C. Maple Syrup
- Zest from 1 Orange
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut oil, sugar, and vanilla.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Mix in coconut, pecans, cranberries, orange zest and chocolate chips.
- Grease 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil.
- Press dough firmly into baking dish, wetting hands with water to help pat dough down evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly brown on top.
- Let cool completely before cutting.
- Makes 12-16 Bars depending on how big you cut them.