DIY Citrus Mint Salt Scrub…Summer in a jar!
It’s been a while since I’ve posted a DIY. I just had so many great food recipes that I wanted to share with you but I’m back with this DIY Citrus Mint Salt Scrub. It’s perfect for summer and only has five ingredients. Check out this simple line up:
- Course Sea Salt
- Sweet Almond Oil or Shea Oil
- Grapefruit Essential Oil (I love the Pranarom Brand)
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- Grapefruit Zest
This scrub comes together in about 5 minutes and smells amazing! Well, and how about the color? It was a happy accident. I am in LOOOVE with the beautiful orange hue that this scrub has.
When I was making the batch for the photo shoot I was trying to really incorporate the zest into the salt mixture and the more I rubbed my fingers together, this beautiful orange color began to emerge. I love happy accidents.
The fresh, citrusy, aroma comes from grapefruit essential oils paired of course with the beautiful zest. Grapefruit essential oil not only smells amazing but has some great health benefits too. It’s antibacterial, so great for cleaning and great for improving digestion, just to give you a few. I chose grapefruit for this scrub, but you could use any of these citrus varieties:
- Sweet Orange
- Mandarin Orange
I love to use citrus in my diffuser during the summer months. It’s also great to add a drop in a tall glass of water after a workout. So refreshing!
The other essential oil in the scrub is peppermint. You may remember me talking about this oil before. It was in the Mojito Bath Salts that I posted last month. Peppermint is perfect in a scrub or soak because it’s great for sore muscles and it’s so energizing and uplifting.
This scrub makes a great gift, especially if you put it in a nice jar and add a label. You can find the labels here Citrus Mint Scrub Labels.
If you make this scrub, or any recipe on the blog, please leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you all. You can also tag me on instagram, I love to see what you are making.Print
This DIY Citrus Mint Salt Scrub with grapefruit and peppermint essential oil is invigorating and moisturizing for your skin.
- 2 C. Course Sea Salt
- 15 drops of Grapefruit Essential Oil (I love Pranarom)
- 10 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil (I love Pranarom)
- 1/4 C. of Sweet Almond Oil (or Shea oil)
- Zest of one Pink Grapefruit
- Glass Jar (16 oz.) (The one shown is from SKS)
- White Label Paper (Avery #8465 or #5165)
- Add all ingredients to a large stainless steel or glass bowl.
- Mix until well combined. I rubbed the zest between my finger tips to release some of the color to give the scrub a pretty orange hue.
- Print labels according to your printer instructions using the template included in the link.
- In order to make your labels waterproof, you can cover the entire label sheet with a one sided laminated sheet. For the “Scrappy Version”, you can cut out the label and cover with a piece of packing tape and cut around the edges.
- Add the scrub ingredients to a jar and enjoy or give as a gift.
This scrub can be used as a body scrub and is great for sore feet.