Thai Green Curry Chicken Chili…an interesting twist on your basic chili. Because who wants to be basic?
With the temps cooling down here in Minnesota, nothing warms you up like a yummy bowl of warm chili. Now, this is not your basic ground beef, tomatoes, and kidney beans kinda chili. I mean there’s nothing wrong with a traditional bowl of chili but as always, I like to give you recipes with an unexpected twist.
This recipe is just that! It’s a chili made with thai green curry paste, butternut squash, fresh ginger, garlic, coconut milk, etc. etc. Throw in some left over rotisserie chicken and some home made naan bread and bam you have a delicious meal! Culinary rock star status granted.
Don’t let the length of the ingredient list scare you away from making this bowl of deliciousness. Most of the ingredients are pantry staples and this recipe comes together pretty quickly, especially if you are using some already made rotisserie chicken.
I debated on this for a while, whether to call this a soup, stew or a chili. I mean you have broth, beans, meat…that says chili to me or maybe stew but too hearty in my opinion for soup. Thoughts anyone?? Whatever you decide to call it, the most important part is that its GOOD..REAL GOOD!
And now for the yummy naan bread. I never knew that making naan was so easy. The first time I made it was for the Chicken Shawarma Wraps. That recipe is one of my all time faves.
If your pressed for time, you can always use some store bought pita bread or even a crusty baguette but you gotta have a dipper. Warm bread to dip and a hearty bowl of chili..nothing could be more perfect for a cold fall day.
So there you have it friends and fam. Keeping this one short and sweet today. Hope you enjoy this recipe.
As always, show me some love in the comments below if you make this recipe or any recipe on the blog. I always love hearing from you. If your on social media, I can be found on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook too.Print
Looking for an interesting twist on chili? This Thai inspired chili is a delicious blend of coconut milk, ginger, garlic, butternut squash, white beans and so much more!
- 4 T. Green Curry Paste
- ½ Red Onion (sliced thin)
- 1 T Fresh Ginger (grated)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1 T. Lime Juice
- 2 T. Coconut Oil
- 2 C. Chicken Broth
- 1 T. Coco Palm Sugar
- 2 Can White Beans
- ¼ C. Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 ½ C Chicken (diced)
- 1 t. Salt
- 2 C. Butternut Squash (cubed)
- 2 C. Flour
- 1 t. Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/2 t. Baking Powder
- 1/4 t. Baking Soda
- 2 T. Greek Yogurt
- 2 T. Warm Milk
- 1 T. Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/2 t. Yeast
- 1/2 C. Warm Water
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, sauce garlic, onion, and ginger in coconut oil until onions are soft.
- Add curry paste, palm sugar, and lime juice and stir to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and cook about 5-10 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Add chicken to heat through.
- Add a squeeze fresh lime juice before serving (optional).
- Top with fresh chopped cilantro.
- Add yeast, sugar, and water to bowl of a stand mixer. Stir to activate and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, oil, milk and yogurt to the bowl.
- Mix until flour is fully incorporated using the dough hook.
- Remove dough and knead on a floured surface.
- Place dough in a slightly greased bowl.
- Cover and let rise for about an hour.
- Cut dough into 6-8 equal pieces.
- Roll into circles. Brush bottom with a little water.
- Add to a screaming hot skillet (watered side down) coated with coconut oil.
- Cook until brown on both sides.
- You can easily make this recipe vegan by leaving out the chicken and swapping out the chicken broth for veggie broth.