One Skillet Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Broccoli and Pine Nuts…Simple and Delicious!!
I can’t believe it’s already the middle of August. Before you know it fall will be upon us. I’m actually looking forward to a little nip in the air as the summer here in MN has been a HOT one!! The last month has been pretty busy at CIL (Crazy Inspired Life).
I’ve had some really exciting things happening. I was on live TV!!! I did a cocktail & cocktail segment using kombucha as a mixer. OMG! It was so much fun! Then, to top things off, I have a 6 page feature spread in this months issue of Thrive Magazine. This publication is hands down one of the MOST beautiful magazines I’ve seen in a long time. Check out Volume 23 “The Recipe Issue”.
It finally feels like all the hard work is really starting to pay off.
So, we have hard work and then we have this One Skillet Pasta that takes very little work. I’m calling it one skillet even though you are boiling the pasta in a separate pot…does that count?
This dish is a simple combination of pasta, sun dried tomatoes, broccoli, olive oil, pine nuts and of course Greek Seasoning. Then if you really want to indulge, you can add some creamy burrata to the top and garnish with a little fresh basil…yes get all fancy with it!!
This recipe was actually inspired by my sister or maybe ripped off…sorry sis! It has become one of my daughters favorite dishes. I love it for so many reasons:
- Everything is done in one skillet (with the exception of the pasta..which means less clean up!)
- It’s healthy (Yes..I know it’s pasta, but we have veggies too)
- It’s really versatile (you can add grilled chicken or shrimp to it)
- Cooks in less than 30minutes (more time for wine with friends & fam)
- It can be made vegetarian, vegan and gluten free with slight modifications (sorry keto, paleo & whole 30 folks)
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as our family does. If you make this dish or any of the recipes on the blog, drop me a comment below. I love the feedback!!
Simple and delicious! This one skillet pasta is made with sun dried tomatoes, broccoli and topped with creamy burrata and pine nuts.
- ½ onion (diced)
- 4 C. Broccoli (chopped)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 2 ½ t. Greek Seasoning
- ¼ C. Sun Dried Tomatoes (chopped)
- 3 T. Pine Nuts
- ¼ C. Shredded Parmesan Cheese (optional if vegan)
- Cracked Pepper to taste
- 2 T. Olive Oil (more as needed)
- 1 Pkg. Penne Pasta
- Burrata for topping (optional if vegan)
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Add 2 T. olive oil to a large skillet.
- Saute onions and garlic until soft.
- Add broccoli and greek seasoning and cook until broccoli is tender.
- Add sun dried tomatoes and pine nuts. Toss until well combined.
- Add to drained pasta and toss until pasta is well coated.
- Add more olive oil if needed.
- Top with parmesan cheese, burrata and cracked pepper.