Key Lime Pie Greek Yogurt Parfait…No oven required!!
It sure has been a hot summer here in MN. And when it’s hot, who wants to turn on the oven? Not me! This dessert is perfect when you want something sweet yet it’s just too darn hot to bake. Enter the no bake, super easy, super delicious, Greek Yogurt Key Lime Pie Parfait. Dessert doesn’t get any easier than this my friends. A big dollop of fresh whipped cream and some fresh blackberries and your in!
I love, love this recipe for its taste, but more importantly its simplicity. I call this speed scratch cooking at its finest. Speed scratch what?? Yes, speed scratch is where you take ready made ingredients and combined them with a handful of other ingredients and you have a quick easy meal or in this case dessert….voila! Culinary rock star status granted.
Let’s talk about just how easy this comes together. The line up is simple:
- Greek Yogurt
- Lime Juice
- Lime Zest
- Graham Crackers
- Lime Essential Oil (optional but worth it)
- Fruit for garnish (love the blackberries here)
As you can see from the line up, I’m using some lime essential oil in this recipe. It’s optional, but I find it adds more depth to the lime flavor. I LOVE to use essential oils in cooking, but please make sure you are using a reputable brand. Not all essential oils are created equal. If you are new newbie, check out my Essential Oils 101 article to get up to speed. And if you love essential oils as much as I do, check out some of these yummy recipes:
- Lavender Blueberry Lemon Ice Cream
- Lemongrass Cheesecake with Candied Ginger Crust
- GF Lemon Blueberry Pancakes with Lavender Sugar
- Pineapple Ginger Faux-jito
- GF Lemon Thyme Scones with Lavender Honey Butter
This parfait can also be made by swapping out the graham cracker crumbs with granola. I have a great recipe for Maple Cardamom Granola that would be amazing. I would just swap out the lime for orange.
And there you have it, one very simple, very delicious, pretty healthy dessert. If you make this or any recipe on the blog, make sure to let me know what you think by leaving a comment in the comments section below. And if you haven’t already, come visit me on instagram , facebook and pinterest.Print
The easiest no bake key lime pie parfaits ever!! Made with greek yogurt and naturally sweetened with honey… the perfect summer time treat.
- 1 1/2 C. Greek Yogurt
- 2–3 T. Honey (depending on sweetness desired)
- 1/2 t. Vanilla Extract
- 2 T. Lime Juice
- Zest of 1/2 Lime
- 3–5 Drops of Lime Essential Oil (optional)
- Graham Crackers (crushed)
- Whipped Topping
- Blackberries or Fresh Fruit (garnish)
- Mix Greek yogurt together with essential oils, lime juice, honey, and vanilla until blended and creamy.
- Spoon a layer of graham cracker crumbs into a small ramekin.
- Alternate layers of Greek yogurt and graham cracker crumbs.
- Top with whipped topping.
- Garnish with fresh blackberries or fruit of your choice.