Moroccan Quinoa Salad with Creamy Curry Dressing…Simple, healthy, and delicious!
Greetings from the tundra…aka MN. So it’s March, and this is about the time that I’m truly done with winter. I have to say I started a bit early this year. TBH I was done last month. With the amount of snow and low temps that we’ve had, I’m craving spring more than ever. When theses craving for warmer weather hit, I instantly want salads. Something about the fresh greens and colorful ingredients, just make me feel like spring is on the way. This Moroccan quinoa salad with creamy curry dressing is great for winter. It’s hearty, packed with protein, super healthy, and so so good!
Do you love quinoa as much as I do?
For those of you that may not have heard of it, let me introduce you to this power house food. Most people call quinoa (pronounced keenwah) a grain , but this amazing ingredient is actually a seed that originated in the Andes thousands of years ago. It has more protein than any other seed or grain and is also a great source of calcium, B vitamins, and Iron…serious bonus! I love it for it’s versatility. Here are just a few ways to enjoy quinoa.
- You can prepare it sweet or savory
- It can be eaten hot or cold
- Great as a base for a grain bowl or mason jar salad
- Perfect with a stir fry
So many reasons to love quinoa!
This salad has so much color, texture and flavor. Let’s look at the line up:
- Garbanzo beans (veggie protein!!)
- Quinoa (more veggie protein and so much more)
- Toasted pecans (love that crunch)
- Carrots (color!)
- Golden raisins (add the perfect amount of sweetness)
- Creamy curry dressing (one of the best parts!!)
With this salad, meal prep is a breeze. With the base being quinoa, it’s easily layered in a mason jar for portability without all your greens getting soggy. Just a little topping of optional arugula on the top and you are on your way to lunch time envy.
Now, let’s chat about the delicious creamy curry dressing. Curry fans rejoice but if your not a fan, give it a try. I really think you will love it. It has a yummy sweetness to it from the apricot preserves and the curry flavor is not too over powering. I promise!
You could also add some left over rotisserie chicken to this salad although in my opinion, it’s packed with the perfect amount protein. But if you aren’t a fan of garbanzos, this could be your ticket to trying this recipe. As always feel free to mix and match the ingredients. Most of the recipes that I share with you can be customized to your taste and preference. Let’s just keep cooking healthy food and most importantly keep it fun!Print
Moroccan quinoa salad paired with a creamy curry dressing. Simple, healthy and delicious!
- 1 c. Quinoa (3 C . Cooked)
- 1 Can Garbanzo Beans
- 2 Scallions (sliced)
- ½ C. Shredded Carrot
- ½ C. Golden Raisins
- 3 T. Chopped Cilantro
- ½ C. Toasted Pecans (chopped)
- ¼ t. Salt
- Arugula (optional)
- ½ C. Just Mayo
- 1 t. Curry
- 4 t. Apricot Preserves
- ½ Lemon (juiced)
- ¼ t. Salt
- 2 t. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Rinse quinoa in water and strain.
- Bring quinoa and 2 c. of water to a boil.
- Reduce heat, place lid on and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed.
- Set aside until cool.
- Once cool, toss all ingredients together with desired amount of dressing.
- Top with fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until well combined.