A delicious south west inspired salad full of fresh ingredients and paired with an amazing cilantro lime dressing.
- 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce (chopped)
- ½ Diced Red Onion (divided)
- 1 C. Grape Tomatoes (sliced)
- 1/3 C. C. Red Pepper (diced)
- 2 C. Chicken (white meat)
- ½ c. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/3 C. Cilantro (chopped)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 C. Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 10 oz. Corn
- 1 t. Smoked Paprika
- Avocado (diced)
- 2 T. White Vinegar
- 1 Clove of Garlic (chopped)
- 3 t. Chipotle Sauce (I used Cholula)
- 2 t. Honey
- 1 C. Cilantro (leaves)
- Juice of 1 Lime
- ½ t. Salt
- ½ C. GrapeseedOil
- ¼ C. Just Mayo
- ¼ t. Cumin
- Place corn and ¼ c. red onion on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and smoked paprika. Roast at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Let cool and set aside.
- Place all other ingredients in a bowl and toss.
- Add cooled corn mixture, top with dressing and toss together.
- Place all ingredients except oil in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Slowly drizzle oil into blender to emulsify.
- This salad is great to make if you have leftover rotisserie chicken.
- If you want to make this vegetarian, you can substitute the chicken with garbanzo beans or black beans.