A warm and golden velvety soup of winter squash and sweet potato paired with curry. Perfect for a cold night.
- 3 C. Chopped & Peeled Winter Squash (I like Delicata)
- 3 C. Chopped & Peeled Sweet Potato
- 2 T. Coconut oil
- ¼ t. Cinnamon
- 2 Cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 C. Coconut Milk (canned-full fat)
- 3 C. Chicken Broth (or veggie broth if making vegan)
- 2 T Maple Syrup
- 1 Large Shallot (minced)
- ½ t. Ginger (minced)
- ¾ t. Sweet Curry Powder
- Add coconut oil to instant pot. When melted, add shallots, garlic & ginger and cook until soft.
- Add cinnamon, sweet curry and maple syrup. Mix until blended into a paste.
- Add broth and coconut milk. Stir and then add squash and sweet potato.
- Put lid on and switch to manual mode. Set for 7 minutes.
- When done use fast release.
- Put in high speed blender and blend until creamy. You could also use an immersion blender.
- Add back to instant pot and keep warm until ready to serve.
If you do not have an instant pot, follow the same instructions using a large stock pot. Bring all ingredients to a boil, reduce heat and partially cover. Simmer until squash and sweet potatoes are tender then blend according to above instructions.