This Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Fennel Soup is so easy and delicious. Made with cashew cream, fire roasted tomatoes and lots of fresh ingredients.
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 fennel bulb (sliced thin)
- 1 28oz. can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 t. greek seasoning (Recipe Here)
- 1 32 oz. veggie broth
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 1–2 t. salt
- 3–4 leaves basil (chiffonade)
- croutons & parmesan for garnish
Cashew Cream Ingredients:
- 1 C. raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- ¾ c. water
Cashew Cream Instructions:
- To make cashew cream, soak cashews overnight in water.
- Drain and add to high speed blender with water.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Set aside.
- Place olive oil in instant pot.
- Set to sauce mode and add onions, garlic and fennel. Saute until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients except garnish and cashew cream.
- Hit cancel button and set to manual for 10 minutes.
- Let natural release for 10 minutes.
- Remove soup and blend in high speed blender until smooth.
- Add back to pot and stir in cashew cream.
- Top with optional garnish of fresh basil and croutons.