Welcome spring with these gluten free lemon thyme scones paired with a whipped lavender honey butter.
- 2 ¼ C. Pamela’s Baking Mix
- 2/3 C. Almond Milk
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 t. Lemon Juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 t. Fresh thyme
- 1 t. Baking Powder
- 1/3 C. Coconut Palm Sugar
- 4 T Butter (cubed)
Lavender Honey Butter Ingredients:
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 5 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 3 T. Honey
Lemon Glaze Ingredients (optional):
- 2 T. Lemon Juice
- 2/3 C. Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 t. Vanilla Extract
- 1 T. Butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the baking mix, baking powder, sugar, thyme, zest and butter in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until the butter is mixed throughout the mixture.
- Pour the flour mixture into a large bowl and add the milk, lemon juice, lemon oil and egg.
- Stir the mixture until well incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop mounds of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until slightly golden.
Lavender Honey Butter Instructions:
- Place butter and honey in a food processor.
- Whip until honey is blended.
- Add essential oil and blend gently until incorporated.
Lemon Glaze Instructions (optional):
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl.
- Whisk until combined and creamy.
- If using optional glaze, make sure scones are completely cooled before drizzling.