Hearts of Palm are transformed into delicious faux crab cakes paired with a chipotle aioli. Easy, delicious and sophisticated enough for company.
Faux Crab Cake Ingredients:
- 2 T. Butter
- 1/3 c. Red Pepper (diced)
- 1/3 c. Celery (diced)
- 1/3 c. Onion (diced)
- ½ c. Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¼ c. Minced Green Onions
- ¼ C. Vegan Mayo (Just Mayo)
- 1 Egg
- 2 T Minced Parsley
- 2 t. Worcestershire
- 2 t. Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 t. Dijon Mustard
- ½ t. Salt
- ½ t. Cracked Pepper
- 1 Can Hearts of Palm (chopped)
Chipotle Aioli Ingredients:
- 1 C. Just Mayo
- 1 T. Lemon Juice
- 4 T. Chipotle Sauce (I use Cholula’s..and love it!)
- 1 Clove of Garlic (minced)
- 1 t. Tamari
- 1/2 t. Smoked Paprika
To make Faux Crab Cakes:
- Sauté celery, onion and red pepper in butter until soft and set aside.
- Add all other ingredients to a bowl including the celery, peppers and onion except hearts of palm.
- Stir until mixture is well incorporated. Add hearts of palm and toss gently until combined.
- Using a lightly oiled ring mold, pack about a ¼ c. of mixture into mold to shape cake. Press mixture firmly into the mold.
- Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- After making all cakes, put in refrigerator for about an hour or more to set.
- Broil for 4-5 minutes on each side until slightly brown on top. Serve with chipotle aioli.
To make Chipotle Aioli:
Mix all ingredients until well blended. Can be made in a blender.
To make crab cakes substitute 1 lb. of lump crab meat for the hearts of palm.
I love to make extra and have for breakfast in the morning with a poached egg on top and topped with the chipotle aioli..Yummy!!