These DIY heart shaped lotion bars made with essential oils and shea butter are pure luxury. Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
2/3 C. Beeswax
½ C. Shea Butter
10 Drops Spearmint Essential Oi
10 Drops Orange Essential Oil
10 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- In a double boiler, melt shea butter and beeswax over medium low heat (or a large glass bowl sitting on top of a small pot of water).
- When shea butter and beeswax are nearly melted, add coconut oil (which will melt very quickly).
- Stir and remove from heat.
- Add essential oils.
- Pour melted lotion base into mold and let cool until completely solid. This will take several hours.
- Remove lotion bars from molds and store in a cool, dry place.
- To use: simply rub lotion bars in between your hands to activate. Your body heat will melt/soften the bars
You may also put the bars in the freezer or fridge to firm them up quickly. Make sure they set a bit first so they don’t crack when you pick them up.