This Coconut Curry Chicken comes together in 30 minutes. It’s loaded with lots of colorful and healthy ingredients.
- 1 pkg Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 Red Onion (diced)
- 1 Can Chick Peas
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 T. Basil (chopped)
- 1/2 C. Grape Tomatoes (quartered)
- 1/2 Lime (juiced)
- 1/4 C. Chicken Broth
- 1 Red Pepper (diced)
- 1 t. Turmeric
- 1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/4 C. Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 Handfuls of Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 t. Curry Powder (I like to use sweet curry)
- 1 t. Fresh Ginger (minced)
- 1–2 T. Coconut Oil
- In a large skillet, heat 1 T. of coconut oil. Add chicken and brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger and remaining tablespoon of coconut oil if needed. Cook until soft.
- Add turmeric and curry powder and stir to make a paste. Cook a couple of seconds and then add coconut milk and chicken stock.
- Stir in red pepper and chick peas. Add chicken back to pan and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add tomatoes, lime juice, basil, cilantro and spinach. Stir until well combined.
- Salt to taste.
Instant Pot Option:
- On Sauté, melt coco oil and lightly brown chicken. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger. Cook until soft. Add turmeric and curry.
- Cook a couple of seconds and add coconut milk and stock. Stir and add red pepper and beans.
- Place chicken on top and push down slightly to cover with liquid.
- Turn off and set to manual for 7 minutes.
- Release pressure, lift lid and add tomatoes, spinach, herbs and lime juice
This Coconut Curry Chicken is great served over a bowl of steamed rice or quinoa. For a vegan option, omit the chicken. You already have the chick peas to serve as your protein.