Take your eggnog to a whole new level with the addition of cardamom and a dusting of smoked salt. It’s dairy free too!
- 1 Vanilla Bean (seeds only) or 1 t. of Vanilla Extract
- ¼ t. Ground Cardamom
- 3 C. Almond Milk
- 2 T. Coconut Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 1 t. Cornstarch
- 6 T. Organic Sugar
- Nutmeg (for garnish)
- Smoked Salt (for garnish)
- Heat milk in saucepan over medium heat.
- Scrape seeds out of vanilla bean pod and add to milk.
- Add cardamom and bring to a simmer.
- In a large bowl add eggs, sugar and cornstarch. Whisk until smooth.
- When milk begins to simmer, remove from heat and slowly drizzle into bowl while whisking continuously.
- Add mixture back to saucepan and return to stove.
- Stir continuously until mixture is thicker( about 6-9 minutes)
- Remove from heat.
- Add to glass or mug and top with optional whipped cream and sprinkle with a mixture of sea salt and nutmeg.