This easy and delicious southwest chicken corn chowder comes together in 30 minutes and has lots of colorful & healthy ingredients.
- ½ Red onion (diced)
- 2 Cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 Red Pepper (diced)
- 2 C. Corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 t. Salt
- 3 Strips of Bacon (diced)
- 32oz. Of Chicken Stock
- 1 Potato (diced)
- ½ T. Smoked Paprika
- 2 C. of Cooked & Shredded Chicken (Dark Meat)
- 2 t. Chipotle Sauce (I like Cholula)
- 1 Can green chilies (diced)
- ½ t. Cumin
- ¼ C. Heavy Cream
- Add bacon to a stock pot. Cook until there is a good amount of oil released.
- Add onion, garlic and red pepper and cook until soft. Add corn and potatoes to pot and stir.
- Add remaining ingredients except cream. Bring to a boil and then reduce and simmer until potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes). Stir in cream.
- Top with scallions, shredded cheese and cilantro.