This healthy berry salad is a colorful mix of strawberries and blueberries paired with lemon, mint and vanilla bean. It comes together in minutes.
- 1 Pound of Fresh Strawberries
- 6 oz. of Fresh Blueberries
- ½ Vanilla Bean Pod (seeds only)
- 1 T. of Organic Cane Sugar
- 3 Sprigs of Fresh Mint (Chiffonade)
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Wash berries and put in a medium size bowl. Set Aside.
- Cut vanilla bean in half, scrape out seeds, then add to bowl with fruit. Toss until vanilla bean is well incorporated.
- To chiffonade the mint, stack leaves, rolling them tightly, then slice the leaves perpendicular to the roll.
- Add mint, lemon zest and sugar to bowl. Stir until fruit is well coated with sugar.
- Let sit for approximately 5-10 minutes and serve.
Can be served plain or over ice cream, Greek yogurt, etc.