A perfect fall salad with fresh roasted figs, toasted hazelnuts, mixed greens, blue cheese, and a hint of citrus paired with a delicious honey cardamom vinaigrette.
- 1 pkg of Fresh Mission Figs (quartered)
- 4 T. Blue Cheese Crumbles
- ½ C. Toasted Hazelnuts (Peeled & chopped)
- 1 sm. Pkg of Mixed Greens
- Zest of 1 Orange
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Vanilla Sugar
- 3/4 c. Olive oil
- 2 T. White Balsamic wine vinegar
- 1 t. Dijon Mustard
- 2 t. Honey
- ½ t. Vanilla Extract
- ½ t. Cardamom
- Black Pepper for taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place raw hazelnuts on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and place on a towel. Roll hazelnuts until peeling is removed. Set aside.
- Place figs on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with vanilla sugar, just enough to coat the top.
- Place under broiler on top rack for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Place all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and toss together.
- Add cooled figs and top with dressing.
- Toss until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put all dressing ingredients in a high speed blender except olive oil.
- Blend until well combined.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil until emulsified.
- Set aside.
- Serve with fig salad.
- Vanilla sugar can be made by simply putting leftover vanilla bean pods in a jar with organic sugar. You can always use the entire pod split with the seeds, but I find just using the leftover pods provides enough flavor.