Chicken Shawarma Wraps with home made naan and tzatziki drizzle. Made with lots of fresh and healthy ingredients. So easy and delicious!
- 2 C. Flour
- 1 t. Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/2 t. Baking Powder
- 1/4 t. Baking Soda
- 2 T. Greek Yogurt
- 2 T. Warm Milk
- 1 T. Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/2 t. Yeast
- 1/2 C. Warm Water
- 1 C. Just Mayo
- 1 C. Cucumber (chopped)
- 2 T. Fresh Dill
- 1 sm. Clove of Garlic
- 2 T. Lemon Juice
- ½ t. Salt
- Cracked Pepper
Chicken Shawarma Ingredients:
- 1 pkg. Chicken Thighs (boneless skinless)
- 3 Cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1 t. Cumin
- 1/4 t. Turmeric
- 1/2 t. Coriander
- 3 T. Lime Juice
- 2 t. Smoked Paprika
- 3 T. Olive Oil
- Feta Cheese
- Red Onion
- Add yeast, sugar, and water to bowl of a stand mixer. Stir to activate and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, oil, milk and yogurt to the bowl.
- Mix until flour is fully incorporated using the dough hook.
- Remove dough and knead on a floured surface.
- Place dough in a slightly greased bowl.
- Cover and let rise for about an hour.
- Cut dough into 6-8 equal pieces.
- Roll into circles. Brush bottom with a little water.
- Add to a screaming hot skillet (watered side down) coated with coconut oil.
- Cook until brown on both sides.
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place all marinade ingredients in a shallow dish and mix until well blended.
- Add chicken and marinate in refrigerator over night.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill until cooked (about 8-10 minutes per side).
- If you don’t have a grill, bake at 425 for 20-30 minutes (or until internal temp of 165 degrees).
- Place chicken on naan bread.
- Top with tomatoes, feta cheese, cucumber, and red onion.
- Drizzle with tzatziki and serve.
- For a great salad option, add the cooked chicken to a bowl of fresh romaine lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, chopped cucumber and top with tzatziki drizzle as a dressing.