This Brazilian margarita takes top shelf ingredients and pairs them with St. Germain liquor. A new spin on a classic recipe!
- 3 T. Margarita Salt
- Zest from 1/2 Lime
- Zest from 1/2 Orange
- 2 Parts Patron Silver Tequila
- 2 Parts St. Germain Liquor
- 1 Part Orange Liquor (I use a local brand called Norseman here in MN)
- 2 Limes
- 1 t. Sugar
- 2 dashes of hibiscus bitters (not essential, but it really works!)
- Take zest from 1/2 lime and 1/2 orange and mix together with 3 T. of margarita salt. Mix until combined with a spoon or fork.
- Cut 2 limes into quarters lengthwise, place in a glass. Add 1 t. of sugar and muddle together.
- Add crushed ice to a shaker, adding lime/sugar juice, tequila, St Germain, orange liqueur and the bitters, and shake, shake, shake!!!
- Pour salt mixture on to a small plate. Now grab one of the limes you just muddled, and wipe around the entire rim of the glass you’re going to use. Dip the rim into the salt and get it nice and crusted with your salt. Work it around if you have to.
- Fill the glass half way with crushed ice, throw in three of the muddled lime wedges, fill the rest of the glass more crushed ice. Now strain the margarita from the shaker into the glass.
- Garnish with a slice of lime, orange, a pretty flower, an umbrella, what ever you like really!