This perfect roasted chicken takes only 4 key ingredients and is the most delicious and moist chicken ever. Great for an easy meal and fancy enough to have when company comes over.
- 1 Whole Roasting Chicken
- 1 T. Greek Seasoning
- 1 T. Kosher Salt
- 1 Lemon
- 4–6 Shallots (optional) peeled an cut in half
- White Truffle Oil For Basting (optional but well worth it)
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- PREP: Wash and dry chicken. Remove any bundles of parts from inside of chicken. Cut lemon in half and squeeze lemon on both sides of chicken and then place lemon halves in the cavity of the chicken. Give chicken a generous coating of kosher salt on both sides and then coat with the Greek seasoning on both sides.
- COOK: Place chicken on a rack in roasting pan with the breast side down. Roast for 30 minutes and then flip chicken to breast side up. To flip chicken, use a pair of tongs and a carving fork. Insert carving fork into the cavity and flip over with the aid of the tongs letting the juices fall into the pan. Add optional shallots to bottom of roasting pan. Return chicken to oven and cook for 30 more minutes or until thigh registers at 170 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- FINAL TOUCH: Remove chicken and brush with white truffle oil (optional). Tent the chicken with foil and let rest for about 10-15 minutes. Carve and serve!