Say hello to summer with this kale and strawberry salad. It’s the perfect blend of color and texture paired with a simple lemon basil vinaigrette.
- 1/4 C. Pecans (toasted)
- 6 C. Green Curly Kale (chiffonade)
- 1/2 C. – 1 C. Fresh Strawberries (sliced)
- 1/3 C. Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 C. Fresh Parmesan Cheese (shaved or shredded)
- 2 T. Fresh Basil (chiffonade)
- ½ C. Olive Oil
- 3 T. White Wine Vinegar
- 1 T. Dijon
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 t. Honey
- 1 T. Fresh Basil (chopped)
- 1 t. Lemon Zest
- Salt & Pepper
For the Salad:
- Toss all salad ingredients together.
- Add dressing and toss until greens are well coated.
- Top with extra shaved parmesan and cracked pepper.
For the Dressing:
- Add all dressing ingredients to a high speed blender except olive oil. Blend until well combined.
- Slowly drizzle olive oil into blender and continue blending on low until emulsified (fancy word for combining oil into a second liquid using force i.e the blender)
- Add grilled chicken to this recipe to make it a meal.
- You can swap out the kale with romaine.