These rich, fudgy brownies have a hint of coffee and sea salt are so moist that you would never believe they are gluten free.
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 3/4 C. Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 t. Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 C. Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 T. Espresso or Very Strong Coffee
- 6 oz. Chocolate (I used Enjoy Life Chunks)
- 2/3 C. Pamela’s Baking Mix
- Flaked Sea Salt for topping (I used Maldon)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate and the coconut oil over low heat. Remove from stove and whisk in the coconut palm sugar. Whisk in the eggs slowly, one at a time and mix until the mixture thickens. Add the Espresso and vanilla and stir together using a rubber spatula.
- Stir in the flour and salt until just combined. Pour into a 9-inch square baking dish that has been sprayed with non stick spray. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt. Let sit until completely cool before cutting. (you will be tempted, but you need to wait for them to cool before cutting..I know it’s sad)
- Great served warm with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top..Yum!
I have also made these with smoked sea salt and they were amazing. If you don’t have flaked salt, you can substitute a course sea salt, but don’t put too much!