A delicious and hearty chowder kicked up with curry and topped with yummy cilantro lime shrimp.
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 Red pepper (diced)
- 2 C. Corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 T. Sweet Curry Powder (I used Penzey’s)
- 1 t. Salt
- 3 Strips of bacon (diced)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (cubed)
- 32 oz. Chicken stock
- 1 Can of coconut milk
- Cilantro for garnish
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Ingredients:
- 1 lb. Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 t. Fresh cilantro
- 2 Cloves of garlic (minced)
- 3 T. Olive oil
- 1 t. Fresh ginger (minced)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cracked pepper
- Saute bacon in a medium pot until slightly brown and fat has been rendered.
- Add onion, garlic and red pepper. Cook until soft.
- Add corn, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, broth and curry powder.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Serve with cilantro lime shrimp.
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Instructions:
- Blend all ingredients in a medium size bowl except shrimp.
- Add shrimp to bowl and marinade for about 15 minutes.
- Saute shrimp in pan 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Serve on top of curry corn chowder.
- In order to make the chowder vegetarian, omit the bacon and shrimp.
- The shrimp can be skewered and grilled. Serve on a salad, rice or quinoa for another meal idea.